NH snowfall amounts; Alton tops the list with 15 inches
In the snowfall count, Alton top the list with 15 inches of snow covering the Lakes Region town, according to the National Weather Service. Close behind with 14 inches were Canterbury, Hooksett, Bow, Rochester and Madbury.
Snow measuring 13 inches was recorded in Concord (as well as 12. 2 and 12 inches depending exactly where in the Capital City it was measured) and 13 inches also covered Northwood.
Northfield, with 12.6 inches, was close behind followed by Laconia with 12.5 inches and northeast Alton with 12.3.
A foot of snow blanketed many communities including Barnstead, Deerfield, New Durham, Strafford, New Boston and Goffstown.
The town with the least? That would be Marlborough where 2.5 inches was recorded.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return itREADER COMMENTS: 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'