NH snowfall amounts; Alton tops the list with 15 inches
In the snowfall count, Alton top the list with 15 inches of snow covering the Lakes Region town, according to the National Weather Service. Close behind with 14 inches were Canterbury, Hooksett, Bow, Rochester and Madbury.
Snow measuring 13 inches was recorded in Concord (as well as 12. 2 and 12 inches depending exactly where in the Capital City it was measured) and 13 inches also covered Northwood.
Northfield, with 12.6 inches, was close behind followed by Laconia with 12.5 inches and northeast Alton with 12.3.
A foot of snow blanketed many communities including Barnstead, Deerfield, New Durham, Strafford, New Boston and Goffstown.
The town with the least? That would be Marlborough where 2.5 inches was recorded.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Pat Buchanan: What would Reagan do with Russia, Syria, etc.? - 5
- Deroy Murdock: Wisconsin's Scott Walker calmly leads the way - 4
- Another View - Pam Hunt and Loren Valliere: Local steps can fight climate change in NH - 20
- Another View -- Nick Pappas: NH teens, young adults will be hurt by a minimum wage hike - 7
- Another View -- Michelline Dufort: Consumers would save if PSNH sold its power plants - 0
- Fergus Cullen -- Innis: school to business to Congress? - 6
- John Stossel: Taxing life away - 2
- Rep. Tom Schamberg: If you want lower property taxes, support casinos - 19
- George Will: A constitutional convention to limit Washington? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers