NH snowfall amounts; Alton tops the list with 15 inches
In the snowfall count, Alton top the list with 15 inches of snow covering the Lakes Region town, according to the National Weather Service. Close behind with 14 inches were Canterbury, Hooksett, Bow, Rochester and Madbury.
Snow measuring 13 inches was recorded in Concord (as well as 12. 2 and 12 inches depending exactly where in the Capital City it was measured) and 13 inches also covered Northwood.
Northfield, with 12.6 inches, was close behind followed by Laconia with 12.5 inches and northeast Alton with 12.3.
A foot of snow blanketed many communities including Barnstead, Deerfield, New Durham, Strafford, New Boston and Goffstown.
The town with the least? That would be Marlborough where 2.5 inches was recorded.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- NH man's wife flies to Rome, meets Pope Francis after giving birth on death row in Sudan - 2
- Manchester postpones Fourth of July celebration - 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist