Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Londonderry budget committee member seeks Town Council seat
Christopher Melcher, a 30-year resident and graduate of Londonderry High School who is wrapping up his current three-year-term on the budget committee, said he decided to seek a council seat due to recent concerns over public safety, particularly fire and police department staffing.
As developers for the pending Woodmont Commons project prepare to build the site’s initial access road in the coming two years, Melcher said another top priority of his would be to “ensure the development agreement is strictly enforced.”
“We have several large developments coming and continue to have discussions on bringing large businesses to the airport and Pettengill Road area,” Melcher said. “There are major decision coming in regards to all of these areas. We must continue to increase the tax base so that residential taxes can be level-funded or even decreased.”
“I’ve learned all about the town’s financial system and have also been able to interact with all the department heads and staff,” he said. “So I’d say I’m very well-prepared to jump into the councilor role on day one.”
Both Green and Freda have filed for re-election.
The school board also has two vacancies coming up, with Chairman Nancy Hendrick’s term expiring along with John Robinson’s. Robinson announced late last month that he wouldn’t be seeking another term on the school board, opting instead to run for Town Council.
Voting on all town and school positions will take place Tuesday, March 11, at Londonderry High School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 0
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 9
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride