Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Arrested at 75, charged with blocking plow, Merrimack man says he was just shoveling his drive
Menahem Lowy said the driver had already deposited 2 feet of plowed snow at the end of his driveway and was coming around for another sweep. He said the plow stopped in the street in front of his 13 Mountain View Drive home as Lowy shoveled the end of his driveway.
"It's not I who didn't let him do his job. It's he who didn't let me clean my driveway," a flustered Lowy said Wednesday.
Police said that the driver of the Merrimack Public Works Department plow reported that Lowy was blocking the roadway. Police said in a statement that Lowy complained to police about the driver plowing snow across the end of his driveway.
"With my age and the cold, there is no purpose for me to stand there for 20 minutes," Lowy said. "I just wanted to clean my driveway and go home."
READER COMMENTS: 19
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 40
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917