Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Bedford voters to decide on $30 million road repair bond
“The concentration in the past has been on collector roads — the Wallace roads and the North Amherst roads — and the side roads would be done with annual appropriations of $1 million,” Stanford said. “Any roads that haven’t been done in 20 years are included in this road bond.”
As of December, Bedford taxpayers owe about $92,000 for the safety complex bond from 1994, with a maturity date of July 2014; $350,000 for the new library building through March 2016; $3.8 million for the 2006 road bond through July 2016; $585,000 for the 1999 landfill closure bond until January 2019; $5.7 million for the 2011 infrastructure bond until December 2021; and $7.9 million for the 2013 infrastructure bond payable through January 2023.
“Two-thirds majority is a very high level of voter agreement. If the community is behind this, it’s not the time to be complacent about bringing people out to vote,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax