Home » News » Public Safety
Plaistow carbon monoxide victims remembered
On his personal ACN business website, Walsh outlined his professional goals, writing, “With great enthusiasm and positive energy, Kirk is on a quest to change people’s lives, give them hope and accomplish his purpose in life.”
The state Fire Marshal’s Office on Thursday positively identified the three as the victims who were found dead late Tuesday morning inside Walsh’s home at 5 Center Circle.
“It’s a tragedy. Obviously you don’t wish this upon anybody,” said Steve Ranlett, who lives in the neighborhood and knew Walsh.
Frank Licata of Andover, Mass., also an ACN business associate, said they slept over at Walsh’s house that night.
According to Fire Marshal’s Office, the investigation will likely last several days.
The deaths sent shockwaves through Walsh’s neighborhood and ACN, where Walsh became regional director in 2008.
“The entire ACN family has been shaken to the core by the devastating and unexpected loss of Kirk, MaryAnn and John. These individuals were an incredible asset to our organization and to the countless lives they touched along the way. We are honored to have known them and privileged they decided to share their lives and talents with us,” he said in a prepared statement.
ACN is a direct seller of telecommunications, energy and other services and offers individuals an opportunity to build their own business with the support of ACN, Mapel said.
Licata said Walsh and Comparato were good friends and that Walsh often hosted business colleagues at his residence.
Walsh was known for hosting volleyball games and a summer barbecue for ACN associates.
“He would use his own personal funds to do things above and beyond what the company would do,” Licata said.
He and other neighbors have offered to help plow the yard until the family decides the next step.
“I can’t imagine their loss. I can’t say I know what it’s like. I don’t know what it’s like,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 0
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Senate passes Medicaid expansion on bipartisan vote - 3
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- House kills suicide-related bills - 1
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- St. A Hawks grounded by the Chargers - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving