Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon apartment fire leaves 3 displaced
One of the tenants was checked by medical workers on scene for smoke inhalation, but he refused to be taken to the hospital, said Lebanon Fire Department Captain Chris Simon.
Firefighters responded to Renihan Meadows on Mascoma Street Extension at 7:10 a.m. Wednesday when the building’s fire alarm activated and reports of heavy smoke coming from the building were called in to 911 operators.
The building was evacuated and firefighters found heavy smoke on the first floor and then a fire in the basement in the area of the laundry room. The fire was quickly extinguished, but the apartment suffered severe heat, smoke and water damage. The other apartments in the building sustained minor smoke and water damage.
The three roommates living in the apartment where the fire took place could not return, so the Red Cross was called in to assist them with finding shelter.
Simon said the cause of the fire is still under investigation by the department’s Fire Prevention Bureau.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads