Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon apartment fire leaves 3 displaced
One of the tenants was checked by medical workers on scene for smoke inhalation, but he refused to be taken to the hospital, said Lebanon Fire Department Captain Chris Simon.
Firefighters responded to Renihan Meadows on Mascoma Street Extension at 7:10 a.m. Wednesday when the building’s fire alarm activated and reports of heavy smoke coming from the building were called in to 911 operators.
The building was evacuated and firefighters found heavy smoke on the first floor and then a fire in the basement in the area of the laundry room. The fire was quickly extinguished, but the apartment suffered severe heat, smoke and water damage. The other apartments in the building sustained minor smoke and water damage.
The three roommates living in the apartment where the fire took place could not return, so the Red Cross was called in to assist them with finding shelter.
Simon said the cause of the fire is still under investigation by the department’s Fire Prevention Bureau.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief