Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon apartment fire leaves 3 displaced
One of the tenants was checked by medical workers on scene for smoke inhalation, but he refused to be taken to the hospital, said Lebanon Fire Department Captain Chris Simon.
Firefighters responded to Renihan Meadows on Mascoma Street Extension at 7:10 a.m. Wednesday when the building’s fire alarm activated and reports of heavy smoke coming from the building were called in to 911 operators.
The building was evacuated and firefighters found heavy smoke on the first floor and then a fire in the basement in the area of the laundry room. The fire was quickly extinguished, but the apartment suffered severe heat, smoke and water damage. The other apartments in the building sustained minor smoke and water damage.
The three roommates living in the apartment where the fire took place could not return, so the Red Cross was called in to assist them with finding shelter.
Simon said the cause of the fire is still under investigation by the department’s Fire Prevention Bureau.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 6
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 3
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start