Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon apartment fire leaves 3 displaced
One of the tenants was checked by medical workers on scene for smoke inhalation, but he refused to be taken to the hospital, said Lebanon Fire Department Captain Chris Simon.
Firefighters responded to Renihan Meadows on Mascoma Street Extension at 7:10 a.m. Wednesday when the building’s fire alarm activated and reports of heavy smoke coming from the building were called in to 911 operators.
The building was evacuated and firefighters found heavy smoke on the first floor and then a fire in the basement in the area of the laundry room. The fire was quickly extinguished, but the apartment suffered severe heat, smoke and water damage. The other apartments in the building sustained minor smoke and water damage.
The three roommates living in the apartment where the fire took place could not return, so the Red Cross was called in to assist them with finding shelter.
Simon said the cause of the fire is still under investigation by the department’s Fire Prevention Bureau.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire