Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon apartment fire leaves 3 displaced
One of the tenants was checked by medical workers on scene for smoke inhalation, but he refused to be taken to the hospital, said Lebanon Fire Department Captain Chris Simon.
Firefighters responded to Renihan Meadows on Mascoma Street Extension at 7:10 a.m. Wednesday when the building’s fire alarm activated and reports of heavy smoke coming from the building were called in to 911 operators.
The building was evacuated and firefighters found heavy smoke on the first floor and then a fire in the basement in the area of the laundry room. The fire was quickly extinguished, but the apartment suffered severe heat, smoke and water damage. The other apartments in the building sustained minor smoke and water damage.
The three roommates living in the apartment where the fire took place could not return, so the Red Cross was called in to assist them with finding shelter.
Simon said the cause of the fire is still under investigation by the department’s Fire Prevention Bureau.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents