Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man injured in snowmobile crash
A release from state Fish and Game indicated the teen struck multiple trees just off the side of the trail. He hit a bump on the trail, sending him off the trail and into the deep snow. The snowmobile and rider traveled approximately 120 feet until the machine struck a large tree. The teen was accompanied by a friend on a separate snowmobile, and his friend was able to call 911, Fish and Game officials said.
Fish and Game said the teen was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident. Though helmets and eye protection are not required by state law for individuals 18 years of age and older, it is strongly recommended that all riders wear a helmet and eye protection, the release said.
The incident is under investigation by New Hampshire Fish and Game Department Conservation Officers.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride