Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATE: Three Plaistow carbon monoxide victims identified
Authorities continue to investigate the deaths of three people found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning inside this home at 5 Center Circle in Plaistow. (JASON SCHREIBER PHOTO)
Frank Licata of Andover, Mass., said Kirk Walsh, 32, worked as the regional director for ACN Inc., a direct seller of telecommunications services.
Friends and co-workers spent Monday trying to reach Walsh and the others, he said.
Walsh's car, with "ACN" on his license plate, sat snow-covered in his driveway Wednesday.
The deaths have prompted warnings about the dangers of odorless carbon monoxide and the importance of having working detectors.
"He helped me a couple of times and I helped him. Just neighborly things. He was a busy guy. He was in and out all the time," he said.
Authorities are trying to determine whether the heating system in the basement was operating properly and installed correctly.
"It was the only source of carbon monoxide in the building," McArdle said. "We're pretty sure from what we've seen that that would be the source."
"Plaistow is a tight-knit community," he said. "It's a community with people who care about our neighbors. It will certainly be a tough loss for us, but it's certainly a painful reminder that there are simple steps people can take to help ensure that they're safe," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Baseball: PSU holds off Keene State - 0
- Schoop, Markakis pace Orioles past Sox - 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election