Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATE: Three Plaistow carbon monoxide victims identified
Authorities continue to investigate the deaths of three people found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning inside this home at 5 Center Circle in Plaistow. (JASON SCHREIBER PHOTO)
Frank Licata of Andover, Mass., said Kirk Walsh, 32, worked as the regional director for ACN Inc., a direct seller of telecommunications services.
Friends and co-workers spent Monday trying to reach Walsh and the others, he said.
Walsh's car, with "ACN" on his license plate, sat snow-covered in his driveway Wednesday.
The deaths have prompted warnings about the dangers of odorless carbon monoxide and the importance of having working detectors.
"He helped me a couple of times and I helped him. Just neighborly things. He was a busy guy. He was in and out all the time," he said.
Authorities are trying to determine whether the heating system in the basement was operating properly and installed correctly.
"It was the only source of carbon monoxide in the building," McArdle said. "We're pretty sure from what we've seen that that would be the source."
"Plaistow is a tight-knit community," he said. "It's a community with people who care about our neighbors. It will certainly be a tough loss for us, but it's certainly a painful reminder that there are simple steps people can take to help ensure that they're safe," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads