Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATE: Three Plaistow carbon monoxide victims identified
Authorities continue to investigate the deaths of three people found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning inside this home at 5 Center Circle in Plaistow. (JASON SCHREIBER PHOTO)
Frank Licata of Andover, Mass., said Kirk Walsh, 32, worked as the regional director for ACN Inc., a direct seller of telecommunications services.
Friends and co-workers spent Monday trying to reach Walsh and the others, he said.
Walsh's car, with "ACN" on his license plate, sat snow-covered in his driveway Wednesday.
The deaths have prompted warnings about the dangers of odorless carbon monoxide and the importance of having working detectors.
"He helped me a couple of times and I helped him. Just neighborly things. He was a busy guy. He was in and out all the time," he said.
Authorities are trying to determine whether the heating system in the basement was operating properly and installed correctly.
"It was the only source of carbon monoxide in the building," McArdle said. "We're pretty sure from what we've seen that that would be the source."
"Plaistow is a tight-knit community," he said. "It's a community with people who care about our neighbors. It will certainly be a tough loss for us, but it's certainly a painful reminder that there are simple steps people can take to help ensure that they're safe," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax