Home » News » Public Safety
Goffstown man alerted owner to Dunbarton barn blaze
Blanchard, a Goffstown resident who has worked at Granite State Plumbing and Heating for 29 years, was taking his usual trip to work in Lebanon when he saw smoke and flames coming from the small barn at 221 Stark Highway South at about 5:15 a.m.
Bill and Helen Burnham, who ran out of the house barefoot, tried to save her pony, Daisy, and their six ducks, but the barn was engulfed in flames, Blanchard said.
Fire Chief Jon Wiggin said the fire started from a pile of wood ashes Burnham put on the ground near the small barn on Sunday; apparently the ashes ignited the fire overnight.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate