Home » News » Public Safety
Goffstown man alerted owner to Dunbarton barn blaze
Blanchard, a Goffstown resident who has worked at Granite State Plumbing and Heating for 29 years, was taking his usual trip to work in Lebanon when he saw smoke and flames coming from the small barn at 221 Stark Highway South at about 5:15 a.m.
Bill and Helen Burnham, who ran out of the house barefoot, tried to save her pony, Daisy, and their six ducks, but the barn was engulfed in flames, Blanchard said.
Fire Chief Jon Wiggin said the fire started from a pile of wood ashes Burnham put on the ground near the small barn on Sunday; apparently the ashes ignited the fire overnight.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 9
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 24
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate