Friends of Archbishop Lacroix are en route to Vatican for his installation as cardinal
But instead of a beach-side resort, he and a delegation of Roman Catholic clergymen are off to Rome to watch a friend installed as Canada’s third cardinal, the first raised in New Hampshire.
He has covered and written about special religious events for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News.
“Someone asked us, not too long ago, how we felt as priests, and the perfect analogy is, at the end of the day it’s the Vatican. This is the Super Bowl, and we’re at the 50-yard line,” Dion said. “It’s an incredible thing to witness and celebrate.”
Lacroix, he added, is a “hometown guy who’s done great things and is being called” to do even greater ones.
In that way, Nelson added, Lacroix is much like Pope Francis.
Lacroix is scheduled to be in Manchester on March 22, when, as a cardinal, he will celebrate a Mass of Thanksgiving at St. Anthony Church. Dion said while the date is tentative, the celebration is also pretty firm.
Lacroix’s “whole affect is reaching out,” Nelson added, “and perhaps that might be the reason why the Holy Father elevated him.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride