VA Medical Center to host open house
Veterans who served in Vietnam or the Persian Gulf War cannot be rejected for enrollment and are entitled to be seen and treated at any VA Medical Center for free.
Combat Veterans who were discharged or released from active service on or after Jan. 28, 2003, are eligible to enroll in the VA health care system for five years from the date of discharge or release.
If you have any questions, contact Stella Lareau at 624-4366, extension 6779.
MANCHESTER — Henry J Sweeney Post 2 Commander Daniel Beliveau announced that a meat raffle will take place at the club, 251 Maple St., on Friday, Feb. 28, at 6:30 p.m.
Proceeds will benefit the Wounded Warriors program, the commander's annual fund-raising project.
DJ karaoke entertainment by S. O.B will follow at 8 p.m.
For more information, call 623-9145.
Raymond Post events
RAYMOND — VFW Post 4479 will hold an open mic Friday from 8 p.m. to midnight.
The King of Diamonds game is at 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem