This Week's Rare Bird Alert
Birders on a boat cruise out of Rye on Feb. 12 reported the following sightings, mainly in New Hampshire waters: 25 northern fulmars, more than 700 dovekies, 20 common murres, 14 Atlantic puffins, and more than 150 black-legged kittiwakes.
A northern shrike was seen behind the town hall in Surry on Feb. 16, and another was seen on Blueberry Hill in Hanover on the 15th.
A peregrine falcon was seen in Hampton on Feb. 15, and a merlin was seen in Hanover on the 18th.Red-shouldered hawks were reported from Rye, Salem, and Derry during the past week.
Eight bald eagles were tallied in Manchester along the Merrimack River on Feb. 16.
Eight turkey vultures were seen in Exeter on Feb. 15.
A northern pintail was seen at the Exeter Wastewater Treatment Plant during the past week.
A ruby-crowned kinglet was seen in Manchester on Feb. 14 and again on the 17th.
A possible pine grosbeak was reported from Hanover on Feb. 15.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
- Falcon recovering from first-of-its-kind cataract surgery - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apparent murder-suicide in Lincoln - 0
- Bullpen stakes Royals to 2-1 World Series edge - 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 1
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood