Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Area police arrest pair following knife fight in Milton Thursday
Police responded to 559 White Mountain Highway – Route 125 – about 7:50 p.m. for a report of a stabbing with multiple victims.
Three officers from Milton, Middleton and Wakefield, two members of N.H. State Police, and two deputies from the Strafford County Sherriff’s Office responded. At the scene, police were told two men fought and others tried to break it up, according to police.
Roman Czepyha, 28, of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with felony reckless conduct and Matthew Shattuck, 19, also of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with possession of alcohol by a minor and disorderly conduct.
During the fight, police believe Czepyha, the homeowner, grabbed a large kitchen knife and Shattuck pulled a small pocket knife. A woman and man attempted to intervene. The unidentified man suffered a large laceration on his forearm, believed to have been caused by Czepyha’s knife, according to police.
Police Chief Richard Krauss said alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Both the man and woman who interceded were treated at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester and released.
Czepyha is held on $2,500 bail at the Strafford County jail in Dover and scheduled to be arraigned Friday at 11:30 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court Rochester District
Shattuck was cited and is scheduled to appear in court March 18 at 8 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth