Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Area police arrest pair following knife fight in Milton Thursday
Police responded to 559 White Mountain Highway – Route 125 – about 7:50 p.m. for a report of a stabbing with multiple victims.
Three officers from Milton, Middleton and Wakefield, two members of N.H. State Police, and two deputies from the Strafford County Sherriff’s Office responded. At the scene, police were told two men fought and others tried to break it up, according to police.
Roman Czepyha, 28, of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with felony reckless conduct and Matthew Shattuck, 19, also of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with possession of alcohol by a minor and disorderly conduct.
During the fight, police believe Czepyha, the homeowner, grabbed a large kitchen knife and Shattuck pulled a small pocket knife. A woman and man attempted to intervene. The unidentified man suffered a large laceration on his forearm, believed to have been caused by Czepyha’s knife, according to police.
Police Chief Richard Krauss said alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Both the man and woman who interceded were treated at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester and released.
Czepyha is held on $2,500 bail at the Strafford County jail in Dover and scheduled to be arraigned Friday at 11:30 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court Rochester District
Shattuck was cited and is scheduled to appear in court March 18 at 8 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'