Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Area police arrest pair following knife fight in Milton Thursday
Police responded to 559 White Mountain Highway – Route 125 – about 7:50 p.m. for a report of a stabbing with multiple victims.
Three officers from Milton, Middleton and Wakefield, two members of N.H. State Police, and two deputies from the Strafford County Sherriff’s Office responded. At the scene, police were told two men fought and others tried to break it up, according to police.
Roman Czepyha, 28, of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with felony reckless conduct and Matthew Shattuck, 19, also of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with possession of alcohol by a minor and disorderly conduct.
During the fight, police believe Czepyha, the homeowner, grabbed a large kitchen knife and Shattuck pulled a small pocket knife. A woman and man attempted to intervene. The unidentified man suffered a large laceration on his forearm, believed to have been caused by Czepyha’s knife, according to police.
Police Chief Richard Krauss said alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Both the man and woman who interceded were treated at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester and released.
Czepyha is held on $2,500 bail at the Strafford County jail in Dover and scheduled to be arraigned Friday at 11:30 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court Rochester District
Shattuck was cited and is scheduled to appear in court March 18 at 8 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief