Home » News » Public Safety
Officials say fire that damaged school buses in Brentwood considered suspicious
Two small school buses caught fire at the Provider Bus Co. on Pine Road in Brentwood on Friday. (Jason Schreiber/Union Leader Correspondent)
Firefighters battled flames that engulfed a school bus and then spread to others sitting in a parking lot of Provider Enterprises Inc. on Pine Road.
The blaze was reported just before 9:30 p.m. at the back of the property where buses are parked for the company, which transports students with special needs for local school districts.
Fire Chief Kevin Lemoine said the cause of the fire remains under investigation, but it appears to be suspicious.
No one was inside the first bus when it went up in flames and occasionally sent bursts of white sparks into the air from burning metal.
A worker who was at the bus facility said he was one of the last to leave the property around 5:30 p.m. and there were no problems at that time.
The bus that caught fire had not been taken out on the road during the day Friday, according to the worker, who services the buses.
The worker said the company has a large fleet and that the damaged buses would not affect transportation.
The fire was brought under control by about 10 p.m.
Brentwood firefighters were assisted by Epping fire crews.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate