Home » News » Public Safety
Officials say fire that damaged school buses in Brentwood considered suspicious
Two small school buses caught fire at the Provider Bus Co. on Pine Road in Brentwood on Friday. (Jason Schreiber/Union Leader Correspondent)
Firefighters battled flames that engulfed a school bus and then spread to others sitting in a parking lot of Provider Enterprises Inc. on Pine Road.
The blaze was reported just before 9:30 p.m. at the back of the property where buses are parked for the company, which transports students with special needs for local school districts.
Fire Chief Kevin Lemoine said the cause of the fire remains under investigation, but it appears to be suspicious.
No one was inside the first bus when it went up in flames and occasionally sent bursts of white sparks into the air from burning metal.
A worker who was at the bus facility said he was one of the last to leave the property around 5:30 p.m. and there were no problems at that time.
The bus that caught fire had not been taken out on the road during the day Friday, according to the worker, who services the buses.
The worker said the company has a large fleet and that the damaged buses would not affect transportation.
The fire was brought under control by about 10 p.m.
Brentwood firefighters were assisted by Epping fire crews.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us