Home » News » Public Safety
Officials say fire that damaged school buses in Brentwood considered suspicious
Two small school buses caught fire at the Provider Bus Co. on Pine Road in Brentwood on Friday. (Jason Schreiber/Union Leader Correspondent)
Firefighters battled flames that engulfed a school bus and then spread to others sitting in a parking lot of Provider Enterprises Inc. on Pine Road.
The blaze was reported just before 9:30 p.m. at the back of the property where buses are parked for the company, which transports students with special needs for local school districts.
Fire Chief Kevin Lemoine said the cause of the fire remains under investigation, but it appears to be suspicious.
No one was inside the first bus when it went up in flames and occasionally sent bursts of white sparks into the air from burning metal.
A worker who was at the bus facility said he was one of the last to leave the property around 5:30 p.m. and there were no problems at that time.
The bus that caught fire had not been taken out on the road during the day Friday, according to the worker, who services the buses.
The worker said the company has a large fleet and that the damaged buses would not affect transportation.
The fire was brought under control by about 10 p.m.
Brentwood firefighters were assisted by Epping fire crews.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms