'Our lost duck friends' remembered
"It is really sad that we lost these ducks," Keith Carlsen told a crowd of about a dozen people.
Carlsen, a political activist from Keene, organized the candlelight service to honor the five ducks that were run over Dec. 23 by a BMW driven by state Rep. David Campbell, D-Nashua.
While singing "Amazing Grace," those in attendance walked around the oval pond where the flock of ducks typically congregates, placing the candles in the snow.
"This is a scandal that is still in the making," he said.
Campbell should resign from his House position, according to John Babiarz, who noted that Nashua Police Commission Chairman Thomas Pappas has already stepped down for his involvement in the duck incident.
Campbell was charged with illegal taking of waterfowl and paid a fine of $620 for the violation, $75 in restitution and donated $695 to New Hampshire Audubon. He has repeatedly apologized for the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
- City health costs: Wellness coordinator is no fix - 1
- R.I.P., Tom Brennan: A good manager and better man - 2
- The distractions: Turning you from Obamacare - 28
- Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH - 31
- Levasseur’s emails: Disclosed at last - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers