'Our lost duck friends' remembered
"It is really sad that we lost these ducks," Keith Carlsen told a crowd of about a dozen people.
Carlsen, a political activist from Keene, organized the candlelight service to honor the five ducks that were run over Dec. 23 by a BMW driven by state Rep. David Campbell, D-Nashua.
While singing "Amazing Grace," those in attendance walked around the oval pond where the flock of ducks typically congregates, placing the candles in the snow.
"This is a scandal that is still in the making," he said.
Campbell should resign from his House position, according to John Babiarz, who noted that Nashua Police Commission Chairman Thomas Pappas has already stepped down for his involvement in the duck incident.
Campbell was charged with illegal taking of waterfowl and paid a fine of $620 for the violation, $75 in restitution and donated $695 to New Hampshire Audubon. He has repeatedly apologized for the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New Hampshire begins spring ritual: posting road weight limits - 0
- NH DOT to seek bids to build new bridge over Mascoma River in Lebanon - 0
- Blasting for Spaulding Turnpike work to continue in Newington - 0
- Dover declares downtown parking ban on Wednesday - 0
- Road work hurdles remain in Milford - 2
- Cost estimates for replacing Sarah Mildred Long Bridge in Portsmouth higher than expected - 0
- NH DOT to unveil plans to replace New Castle-Rye span - 0
- Portsmouth bridge repairs to take six to eight weeks - 0
- Bridge work over Route 1 Bypass reroutes Portsmouth traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief