'Our lost duck friends' remembered
"It is really sad that we lost these ducks," Keith Carlsen told a crowd of about a dozen people.
Carlsen, a political activist from Keene, organized the candlelight service to honor the five ducks that were run over Dec. 23 by a BMW driven by state Rep. David Campbell, D-Nashua.
While singing "Amazing Grace," those in attendance walked around the oval pond where the flock of ducks typically congregates, placing the candles in the snow.
"This is a scandal that is still in the making," he said.
Campbell should resign from his House position, according to John Babiarz, who noted that Nashua Police Commission Chairman Thomas Pappas has already stepped down for his involvement in the duck incident.
Campbell was charged with illegal taking of waterfowl and paid a fine of $620 for the violation, $75 in restitution and donated $695 to New Hampshire Audubon. He has repeatedly apologized for the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 9
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
- George Will: Misreading Putin, and history - 4
- Rep. Kenneth Fredette: NH should avoid Maine’s Medicaid mistake - 5
- David Harsanyi: Social conservatives would benefit by embracing libertarianism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief