Needs a home
Chichester rescue seeks home for dog saved from kill shelter
Dolly, a 4-year-old German shorthaired pointer mix being cared for at Live and Let Live Farm in Chichester, is in need of a lifelong home. (COURTESY)
The 4-year-old German shorthaired pointer mix arrived at Live and Let Live Farm, a nonprofit rescue organization in Chichester, last year.
All of the puppies have since been placed into loving homes, but Dolly hasn’t been so lucky.
An examination by Suncook veterinarian Fiona Reeves revealed the young dog had most likely been hit by a car at some point in her life, and had been housed in a kennel that was too small for her to move around properly.
For several months, Dolly lived with a volunteer foster family, but was returned to the Chichester shelter after her foster dad’s health issues meant he was no longer able to care for the canine.During that time, Dolly got loose on several occasions and the gentle, brown-eyed pooch quickly befriended one of her foster dad’s neighbors, Brian Morin.
“She’d get off her leash and come straight to my door,” the Chichester resident said. “She just melted my heart.”
While Morin said he wished Dolly could come live with him forever, that isn’t possible due to a family member’s allergies.
“She just wants to be your best friend,” Morin said. “She’s an active dog, but she loves to morph into a lap dog, leaning in for a snuggle.”
Castagno said Dolly would do best “in an active home with people committed to her training.” He noted that the best home would likely be one where Dolly would be the only pet since her past history has led her to be extremely protective of her food around other animals.
For more information on Dolly or any of the other animals in need at Live and Let Live Farm, go to liveandletlivefarm.org or contact Paradis email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Arpy' Saunders, architect of Claremont lawsuit, dead at 72 - 2
- Nashua committee votes to OK policy that allows alcohol at school - 3
- Students honored for winning essays - 0
- Parents want answers on Ellis principal - 0
- Manchester charter school requests barriers between playground, street - 5
- Discovery of shotgun shell in locker room puts Stratham school into lockdown - 0
- Eighth-graders test underwater remote operated vehicles they built - 0
- McDonough School's 'Kids Closet' seeks to supply students with shoes, coats - 0
- Driver ed goes private, smaller in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH