Home » News » Public Safety
Goffstown hiker rescued after suffering leg injury in Lincoln
Kim Little, 48, was hiking with a companion on the trail, just above the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) Lonesome Lake Hut, when she hurt her leg.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department was notified about 2 p.m. Rescuers reached Little by 4:30 p.m. and carried her two miles down the trail.
They reached the Lafayette Campground trailhead about 6:15 p.m., where Little was evaluated by Linwood Ambulance personnel.
The rescue team included Fish and Game Conservation officers, volunteers from the Pemigewasset Valley Search & Rescue Team and the caretaker from the AMC Lonesome Lake Hut.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Some sex assault charges dismissed against former Nashua coach - 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 1
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 5
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 2
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of itREADER COMMENTS: 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism