Home » News » Public Safety
Goffstown hiker rescued after suffering leg injury in Lincoln
Kim Little, 48, was hiking with a companion on the trail, just above the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) Lonesome Lake Hut, when she hurt her leg.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department was notified about 2 p.m. Rescuers reached Little by 4:30 p.m. and carried her two miles down the trail.
They reached the Lafayette Campground trailhead about 6:15 p.m., where Little was evaluated by Linwood Ambulance personnel.
The rescue team included Fish and Game Conservation officers, volunteers from the Pemigewasset Valley Search & Rescue Team and the caretaker from the AMC Lonesome Lake Hut.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride