Home » News » Public Safety
Neighbors, friends aid Loudon family after house fire
Pastor Earl Dunbar, his wife, Marcia-Ann, and their adopted son, James, stand in front of their Route 129 home in Loudon, which was heavily damaged by fire on Feb. 14. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
Firefighters kept the house’s roof and structure intact, but inside lots of memories and lots of material things were lost. The fire was related to a dryer problem in the lower laundry room.
Dunbar, who has been working a daytime hourly job while working at other churches across the country on an interim basis, said the home was insured, and no one was hurt, so the material goods don’t matter. The family is now living in a Concord-area motel.
“God provided,” Dunbar said.
They hope to rebuild the house, with the aid of insurance. But the insurance payments have caps, and the Dunbars can’t afford to rebuild without some aid.
Anyone wishing to help may contribute online through the East Coast Conference giving site through the Ministers Crises and Care fund. Checks sent to the office should note in the memo line that they are meant to help the Dunbars. The website is www.eastcoastconf.org/give.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return