Six NH Air National Guardsmen off to Kuwait for 6 months
The six are members of the 157th Civil Engineering Squadron stationed at Pease Air National Guard Base in Newington. New Hampshire National Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Greg Heilshorn said they are the last of 13 guardsmen deployed to Kuwait for six-month stints.
"They are going to be doing their job in a military capacity in other locations," said William Hardekopf, fire chief at the New Hampshire Air National Guard Base.
The six departed Manchester-Boston Regional Airport for Norfolk, Va., and are due to arrive in Kuwait by Wednesday, squadron commander Lt. Col. Eugene R. Mossoni said.
"He has been wanting to do it since he was eight years old. He has always been into fire-fighting or rescues or helping people who have been very ill in different places," Martin's father, Herb, said.
When he returns from Kuwait, he plans to take a fire-fighting test with larger city fire departments such as Manchester, Concord or Boston, Mass., or with the Air National Guard's fire force, his father said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. journalist freed in Syria; British say they may have ID of Foley killer - 0
- Sen. Ayotte says strategy is needed to defeat ISIS - 1
- Mass. journalist freed in Syria; kidnappers are a rival group of Foley's murderers - 0
- Close to a thousand people remember James Foley at service in Rochester - 1
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- U.S. opens criminal probe into death - 0
- News veteran Balboni says Foley 'found his calling' covering war zones. - 0
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 31
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test