State to restrict moose hunting permits to 124
New Hampshire Fish and Game is proposing 124 permits be distributed via the lottery, down from 275 issued in 2013. The moose hunting season is Oct. 18 to Oct. 26.
The 2013 odds were 1 in 35 for residents and 1 in 121 for nonresidents.
Applications are available at Fish and Game license retailers, Fish and Game Department in Concord, and online: HuntNH.com/hunting/hunt_species/hunt_moose.htm.
The number of permits issued will be finalized after hearings and rule-making meetings in March and April, but the number should be close to 124 given mortality data of the current moose population.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stars of professional, community theater to be spotlighted - 0
- Bromberg, Hidalgo headlining at Plymouth venue - 0
- Have an appetite for family theater? Try 'Life on a Plate' - 0
- Needle-felted murals brighten up Concord this winter - 0
- 'A Light in the Dark' shines at Stockbridge - 0
- League of NH Craftsmen to unveil shop - 0
- Explore 'Mysteries of the Forest' in Auburn - 0
- PMAC jazzes it up with Goldenberg exhibit - 0
- Global musical ambassador brings Black Spirits to Hopkins Center - 0
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
Entitlement fights: Losing the big picture
For many, snow day means no-pay day
20150128-New Hampshire legislator files bill to fire public officials that violate state's sovereignty
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester man gets his stolen Cadillac back along with a $125 tow bill
Fleeing France: Tax cuts follow Socialism