Home » News » Politics » Candidate Profiles
State to restrict moose hunting permits to 124
New Hampshire Fish and Game is proposing 124 permits be distributed via the lottery, down from 275 issued in 2013. The moose hunting season is Oct. 18 to Oct. 26.
The 2013 odds were 1 in 35 for residents and 1 in 121 for nonresidents.
Applications are available at Fish and Game license retailers, Fish and Game Department in Concord, and online: HuntNH.com/hunting/hunt_species/hunt_moose.htm.
The number of permits issued will be finalized after hearings and rule-making meetings in March and April, but the number should be close to 124 given mortality data of the current moose population.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School Offers Workshop for Freelance Writers - 0
- Loeb School Offers Spring Classes - 0
- Calling All Turkey Watchers – Winter Survey Ends March 31 - 0
- Hooksett school bus to Pinkerton: Prepare for 6 a.m. pickup - 0
- Slopeside with Kathleen Baglio Humphreys: Ski area groomers work all night to make the trails their best - 0
- Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown - 1
- Mont Vernon man survives latest 'American Idol' cut - 0
- Superintendent named for SAU 19 - 0
- Air Refueling Wing members rally to help comrade's family - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Slopeside with Kathleen Baglio Humphreys: Ski area groomers work all night to make the trails their best
Win tickets to see Bruno Mars!
Win tickets to see Brit Floyd
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief