Best of Times
Best of musical times coming to Meadowbrook this summer
It might be the "Best of Times," but it won't "Feel Like the First Time" when Styx and Foreigner join forces at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion at Meadowbrook to play some top hits of their multi-decade careers.
The iconic bands have booked the Gilford stage for Sunday, July 6.
Styx — featuring Tommy Shaw, James "JY" Young, Lawrence Gowan, Todd Sucherman and Ricky Phillips (along with the occasional surprise appearance by original bassist Chuck Panozzo) — is known for tunes including "Lady," "Too Much Time on My Hands," "The Best of Times," "Babe," "Come Sail Away," "Mr. Robato" and "Fooling Yourself."
The group has played two Super Bowl appearances, toured with Def Leppard, Journey, Boston, REO Speedwagon and Bad Company, and continue to release discs over the years.
Foreigner, having earned more than a dozen Top 30 hits, hit high notes with "Feels Like the First Time," "Cold as Ice," "Hot Blooded," "Double Vision," "Head Games," "Urgent," "Juke Box Hero," "I Want to Know What Love Is" and "Say You Will."
Also on the Meadowbrook bill this summer will be Don Felder, former lead guitarist of The Eagles, with whom he co-wrote the group's biggest hit, "Hotel California," as well as "Victim of Love" and "Those Shoes."
Tickets to the triple-bill show range from $34.75 to $83.25.
For more information, call the box office at 293-4700 or visit the venue online at www.BankNHpavilion.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.