Home » News » Public Safety
Woman found dead behind Cinemagic identified, still no word on cause of death
Though the woman had no identification on her when police found her, the investigation determined she is Cindy Bowdoin, 42, of Hooksett.
According to a joint report from the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office, in collaboration with Hooksett Police and the state police Major Crimes Unit, Bowdoin was last seen alive on the morning of Monday, Feb. 24, the day before her body was found.
According to the report, a man walking through the woods shortly after noon on Tuesday discovered the remains in a lightly wooded area situated between Cinemagic at 1226 Route 3 and a row of homes on Sherwood Drive.
The man called 911 to notify authorities, and first responders confirmed Bowdoin was, in fact, dead, and began an investigation into the circumstances of her death.
An autopsy, conducted Wednesday by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, did not definitively determine a cause and manner of death, and additional studies are still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief