Home » News » Public Safety
Woman found dead behind Cinemagic identified, still no word on cause of death
A Hooksett Police investigative vehicle sat in the driveway of 31 Sherwood Drive in Hooksett on Tuesday. The body of a Hooksett woman was found in a wooded area behind the home. (Ryan O'Connor/Union Leader Correspondent)
Though the woman had no identification on her when police found her, the investigation determined she is Cindy Bowdoin, 42, of Hooksett.
According to a joint report from the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office, in collaboration with Hooksett Police and the state police Major Crimes Unit, Bowdoin was last seen alive on the morning of Monday, Feb. 24, the day before her body was found.
According to the report, a man walking through the woods shortly after noon on Tuesday discovered the remains in a lightly wooded area situated between Cinemagic at 1226 Route 3 and a row of homes on Sherwood Drive.
The man called 911 to notify authorities, and first responders confirmed Bowdoin was, in fact, dead, and began an investigation into the circumstances of her death.
An autopsy, conducted Wednesday by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, did not definitively determine a cause and manner of death, and additional studies are still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads