Home » News » Public Safety
Woman found dead behind Cinemagic identified, still no word on cause of death
A Hooksett Police investigative vehicle sat in the driveway of 31 Sherwood Drive in Hooksett on Tuesday. The body of a Hooksett woman was found in a wooded area behind the home. (Ryan O'Connor/Union Leader Correspondent)
Though the woman had no identification on her when police found her, the investigation determined she is Cindy Bowdoin, 42, of Hooksett.
According to a joint report from the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office, in collaboration with Hooksett Police and the state police Major Crimes Unit, Bowdoin was last seen alive on the morning of Monday, Feb. 24, the day before her body was found.
According to the report, a man walking through the woods shortly after noon on Tuesday discovered the remains in a lightly wooded area situated between Cinemagic at 1226 Route 3 and a row of homes on Sherwood Drive.
The man called 911 to notify authorities, and first responders confirmed Bowdoin was, in fact, dead, and began an investigation into the circumstances of her death.
An autopsy, conducted Wednesday by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, did not definitively determine a cause and manner of death, and additional studies are still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley