Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs
The Manchester soldier served in the U.S. Army and repaired and maintained tanks to ensure they were always combat-ready in case a crisis meant the military was called into action.
Cyr is the latest in a line of New Hampshire veterans who are taking advantage of scholarship aid from NHADA. She is using the funds to pay for automotive tech classes at Manchester Community College.
A growing number of these students are military veterans. Last fall, eight scholarships worth $11,000 were awarded by the NHADA's not-for-profit affiliate, the New Hampshire Automotive Education Foundation (NHAEF).
New Hampshire Auto Dealers wants to remind veterans these funds are available, and they are encouraged to apply for scholarship aid.
Last fall, the association named VCC as a major beneficiary of the state's first ever New Hampshire Auto Show.
"These types of programs are essential to military families and New Hampshire Auto Dealers are proud to support them," McNamara said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chair to serve as Derry POW/MIA memorial - 0
- Harbor Homes of Nashua receives funds to expand mental health services - 0
- Veterans Home in Tilton takes on ALS challenge - 0
- Honor Our Veterans event on Aug. 24; free pork roast in Rochester; free pork roast in Rochester - 0
- Homeland Heroes to open "store" in Hudson - 0
- At 73, double amputee Vietnam vet is golfing again with special cart at Manchester CC - 0
- Veterans Home's oldest resident dies at 100 - 0
- Vets charity receives a $150,000 gift - 0
- Veterans News: Coupe De Ville Band plays in Kingston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 3
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 4
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 1
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 2
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 3
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright