Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs
The Manchester soldier served in the U.S. Army and repaired and maintained tanks to ensure they were always combat-ready in case a crisis meant the military was called into action.
Cyr is the latest in a line of New Hampshire veterans who are taking advantage of scholarship aid from NHADA. She is using the funds to pay for automotive tech classes at Manchester Community College.
A growing number of these students are military veterans. Last fall, eight scholarships worth $11,000 were awarded by the NHADA's not-for-profit affiliate, the New Hampshire Automotive Education Foundation (NHAEF).
New Hampshire Auto Dealers wants to remind veterans these funds are available, and they are encouraged to apply for scholarship aid.
Last fall, the association named VCC as a major beneficiary of the state's first ever New Hampshire Auto Show.
"These types of programs are essential to military families and New Hampshire Auto Dealers are proud to support them," McNamara said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 9
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 1
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 7
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride