Michael E. Hammond: It’s time to stop the NH Senate’s gun control bill
First, the bill deals with guardianship and commitment procedures that are subject to horrific abuse. And it does nothing to address those abuses. The appointment of guardians is frequently accomplished in a “star chamber” ex parte proceeding in which neither the family nor the subject has any representation or right to be heard — in which the subject is deemed to have waived any statutory procedures prior to being stripped of all his constitutional rights.
Second, the newest draft doesn’t mandate the removal of Second Amendment rights as the result of unconstitutional procedures. But it doesn’t prohibit it either.
Michael E. Hammond, a resident of Dunbarton, works for Gun Owners of America and has been temporarily working in Virginia since Newtown to stop gun control legislation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads