Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Salem man faces new sexual assault charges involving two more young girls
Ronald Libby was indicted by a Rockingham County grand jury on charges of felonious sexual assault and attempted felonious sexual assault for two incidents that happened in 1991, according to prosecutors.
Libby allegedly made a six-year-old girl touch him inappropriately between June 1991 and September 1991, according to an indictment.
He also encouraged another girl to inappropriately touch him while exposing himself, prosecutors said.
The girl claims that the incident happened between June 1991 and September 1995, when she was between one and five years old, court records say.
Libby was already facing a charge of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault for allegedly trying to coerce a young girl into touching him between 2008 and 2010.
The alleged victim told police that the incidents happened while being babysat.
A grand jury indicted him in December on the attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault charge.
Salem police began investigating Libby more than a year ago on an unrelated case.
After his arrest in August, police said they were looking into him possibly targeting other minors that his wife babysat over the past few decades.
Police said they believe several other victims have been identified. Libby's wife babysat children around town for many years, according to police.
Libby remains free on $50,000 bail pending his next appearance in Rockingham County Superior Court.
If a jury convicts him, he faces 10 to 30 years in state prison on each of the new charges. He faces a possible 10- to 20-year prison term on the attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault charge.
Salem police have been working with the Rockingham County Attorney’s Office and the Child Advocacy Center over the past several months.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 4
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483