Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester police arrest man in bar, charge him with robbing bank
MANCHESTER - A man wanted for robbing Citizens Bank was arrested Thursday as he sat at the bar inside the Ukranian Club.
Police said a tipster to Manchester Crimeline identified Thomas Webster, 52, as the man who robbed the bank branch at 875 Elm St. in the early afternoon on Wednesday. The tipster made the call after seeing photos of the robber on a WMUR broadcast, police said.
Webster, who gave an address of 84 Ash St. and said he was "self-employed," was arrested without incident at the 148 Manchester St. club.
The bank was robbed just after noon on Wednesday by a man who told a teller he had a weapon, although none was shown, and threatened to hurt both her and bank customers. The teller handed him an undisclosed amount of cash and he fled the bank with it.
Webster is to be arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief