Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Manchester police arrest man in bar, charge him with robbing bank
MANCHESTER - A man wanted for robbing Citizens Bank was arrested Thursday as he sat at the bar inside the Ukranian Club.
Police said a tipster to Manchester Crimeline identified Thomas Webster, 52, as the man who robbed the bank branch at 875 Elm St. in the early afternoon on Wednesday. The tipster made the call after seeing photos of the robber on a WMUR broadcast, police said.
Webster, who gave an address of 84 Ash St. and said he was "self-employed," was arrested without incident at the 148 Manchester St. club.
The bank was robbed just after noon on Wednesday by a man who told a teller he had a weapon, although none was shown, and threatened to hurt both her and bank customers. The teller handed him an undisclosed amount of cash and he fled the bank with it.
Webster is to be arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 10
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
- Police: Nashua man in car targeted by gunfire was felon with gun - 1
- Man shot at in Nashua drive-by charged with unrelated possession of stolen gun - 0
- NH Supreme Court rules 4 teen killers entitled to sentencing hearings - 6
- Hampton woman who fatally struck pedestrian wants blood test thrown out of court - 1
- Man seeks to upend conviction in Deerfield home invasion case - 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 2
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917