Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Manchester police arrest man in bar, charge him with robbing bank
MANCHESTER - A man wanted for robbing Citizens Bank was arrested Thursday as he sat at the bar inside the Ukranian Club.
Police said a tipster to Manchester Crimeline identified Thomas Webster, 52, as the man who robbed the bank branch at 875 Elm St. in the early afternoon on Wednesday. The tipster made the call after seeing photos of the robber on a WMUR broadcast, police said.
Webster, who gave an address of 84 Ash St. and said he was "self-employed," was arrested without incident at the 148 Manchester St. club.
The bank was robbed just after noon on Wednesday by a man who told a teller he had a weapon, although none was shown, and threatened to hurt both her and bank customers. The teller handed him an undisclosed amount of cash and he fled the bank with it.
Webster is to be arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fight leads to stabbing in Plymouth - 0
- College president, Gov. Hassan promise to punish those involved in Keene riots - 6
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free by WHO after containing virus - 0
- UNH women's hockey coach hired to restore winning ways - 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 1
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 3
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 5
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy