Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Manchester police arrest man in bar, charge him with robbing bank
MANCHESTER - A man wanted for robbing Citizens Bank was arrested Thursday as he sat at the bar inside the Ukranian Club.
Police said a tipster to Manchester Crimeline identified Thomas Webster, 52, as the man who robbed the bank branch at 875 Elm St. in the early afternoon on Wednesday. The tipster made the call after seeing photos of the robber on a WMUR broadcast, police said.
Webster, who gave an address of 84 Ash St. and said he was "self-employed," was arrested without incident at the 148 Manchester St. club.
The bank was robbed just after noon on Wednesday by a man who told a teller he had a weapon, although none was shown, and threatened to hurt both her and bank customers. The teller handed him an undisclosed amount of cash and he fled the bank with it.
Webster is to be arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 25
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917