Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Manchester police arrest man in bar, charge him with robbing bank
MANCHESTER - A man wanted for robbing Citizens Bank was arrested Thursday as he sat at the bar inside the Ukranian Club.
Police said a tipster to Manchester Crimeline identified Thomas Webster, 52, as the man who robbed the bank branch at 875 Elm St. in the early afternoon on Wednesday. The tipster made the call after seeing photos of the robber on a WMUR broadcast, police said.
Webster, who gave an address of 84 Ash St. and said he was "self-employed," was arrested without incident at the 148 Manchester St. club.
The bank was robbed just after noon on Wednesday by a man who told a teller he had a weapon, although none was shown, and threatened to hurt both her and bank customers. The teller handed him an undisclosed amount of cash and he fled the bank with it.
Webster is to be arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a felony charge of robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Boston police arrest 29 teens at house party - 1
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 3
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 1
- Manchester Crime Watch: City man sought to fight charge representing himself - 0
- Chilling display of Mazzaglia evidence - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 2
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917