All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Crime

Manchester Crimewatch: City man pleads innocent to stalking, resisting arrest

February 28. 2014 9:56PM

MANCHESTER — John Keeley, 32, considered pleading guilty Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to charges of stalking and resisting arrest.

Keeley, of 414 Cedar St., is accused of being with a woman at her Hanover Street residence despite bail conditions barring contact, and of refusing to come out of a hiding place when police sought to arrest him.

Judge Jay Boynton asked police prosecutors what the sentence might be. Police prosecutor Lt. Ron Mello said the alleged victim would have to be consulted about any possible resolution, including sentence, which would be, he said: “Anywhere from six to 10 months.” In addition, said Mello, Keeley would face possible imposition of deferred and suspended sentences on 2012 and 2013 convictions.

Keeley reconsidered and opted for innocent pleas and trial was set for April 2.

Mello requested $10,000 cash/surety bail for Keeley, noting that in addition to past convictions dating back to 2006, Keeley is on bail from Hillsborough County Superior Court North on a second-degree assault charge involving the same woman. Boynton set bail at the requested amount.

Charged with selling drugs

A city woman arrested on drug sale warrants on Friday told a Circuit Court-Manchester District Division judge: “I’m trying to change.”

Amanda Leard, 31, of 336 Hanover St., could enter no plea to felony charges of selling oxycodone on three occasions in 2011.

“I’ve never been in trouble,” said Leard, who told Boynton that the reason she failed to appear in Merrimack District Division on an expired license charge is because she was locked out of her apartment that day.

Mello requested $10,000 cash/surety bail, noting Leard was hiding when police came to arrest her.

“I think $10,000 is excessive in this case,” said Boynton, who set bail at $1,000 cash/surety. A probable cause hearing was set for March 12.

Charged with burglary

Robert Tessier, 33, of 314 Merrimack St., could enter no plea Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a burglary charge that alleges he forced his way into his wife’s apartment at 338 Merrimack St. and threatened to beat up her new boyfriend.

But he had plenty to say about what happened, or didn’t happen. “I used to live there. That’s my wife,” he said. “My stuff is still in there.”

He also complained: “She’s put me in here so many times (and) she never shows up.” The “she” he referred to was the alleged victim, not police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier, who said the burglary victims said Tessier has no property in the apartment.

Pelletier requested $15,000 cash/surety bail for Tessier, whose criminal record dates back to 2004 and includes several convictions for disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, assault and violation of probation/parole. Bail conditions bar Tessier from the victim’s residence and from contact with the victim and her boyfriend.

Boynton set bail at the requested amount. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for March 12.

Wants to file charges

George Theberge, 36, whose residence is listed as the shelter on Manchester Street, pleaded innocent to four simple assault charges Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division. He is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail on charges of assaulting his girlfriend, including punching her in the face four times, dumping coffee on her and putting both hands around her neck.

Theberge said that he was the victim. He said he was protecting himself.

“All I did was stop her from beating me,” he said.

As for the coffee, he said the woman knocked the coffee out of his hand.

“I have a witness,” said Theberge, who was accompanied in court by another man. Theberge said he wants to file charges against the woman. “They won’t allow me to file the paperwork,” he said. “They won’t take a statement at the police station.”

Theberge declined to file an application for a court-appointed attorney and trial was set for April 24.

Courts Manchester

More Headlines

Police use stun gun on man who resisted arrest