Bishop Guertin tops Merrimack in 'Granite State Challenge'
Bishop Guertin coach Meagan Davidson admits to some early nerves. "We were a bit worried going in because Merrimack beat us in our first competition ever. Being an alum of Merrimack and knowing the coaches added a little bit of friendly competition as well," she said.
The Merrimack Tomahawks were represented by captain Maslin Laberge, Allison Yelgin, James Jolly and Dan Mulligan. The team was coached by Sara Campbell.
The quiz contest began the season with 16 Granite State high school teams battling for the SuperChallenge title. The show brings top high school academic teams head to head in a competition that emphasizes quick recall of material in all major disciplines - math, science, social studies, language and fine arts - along with a mix of questions about current events, entertainment, sports and regional topics.
The SuperChallenge winner will compete for the Governor's Cup against the winner of the WGBH Boston High School Quiz Show at the end of the season.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law